Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ABA Haul etc...

I had to wake up early today to run to the grocery store and buy stuff to make my sisters' lunches (learn to make your own food for once!!). I managed to pick myself up some yummy fruity berry yogurt parfait with oatmeal. This is pure goodness I swear! I'm not particularly huge on diary products but this I will eat! It needs more oatmeal though IMO.

I had about half of a tomato leftover from making my sisters' sandwiches so I made myself one for lunch. This baby was pretty jammed packed lol I basically shoved everything I had leftover in it: bolonga + turkey breast + lettuce + lots of tomatoes and ketchup/mustard/mayo/hot sauce. Yupp, I like to put Sriracha Hot Sauce in my sandwich. Hell, I put it into almost everything I can eat actually LOL yay for Vietnamese hot sauce :D I don't think this was a healthy lunch... But it was damn close enough I say! Hahaha




Now onto the ABA Haul. Yesterday I went to the ABA Hair Show (convention) in Montreal. Picked up some pretty good sh*t for cheap prices. I was looking for some good deals on makeup but seeing as it was a HAIR show, there were only a few booths that sold makeup products.

Gorgeous pressed powder I picked up for contouring. I LOVE to contour! I refuse to do my makeup without contouring my face. It gives it that "beautiful bone structure look". Kim Kardashian's face is always contoured; so gorgeous!

Only managed to favour two eyeshadows. They are very fine with buildable colour. I bought them on the basis that they compliment eachother very well and they will suit all skin colours. What's cute about these pots is that underneath the e/s is a compartment for a mini brush and it even has a mirror! Not that big of a fan for sponge applicators though.

There were a ton of good deals on makeup brushes. The quality was decent; not too spectacular so I didn't pick up anything except for 2 brushes. They were selling a brushroll + 15 brushes for a mere $25. I think this is a good deal for those starting out in makeup and can't afford to purchase other brands like MAC. I picked up a super soft powder brush for my aunt and this cute retractable brush for myself:
The bristles are relatively soft. This is a travel kabuki/powder brush. I love retractable brushes right now because they are much more sanitary to travel with rather than carrying brushes in a typical case (excess eyeshadow mixed with cream liner mixed with foundation = gross!) If you only open it part way, it's perfect for contouring because of its oblong shape (as opposed to the full bloom bristles of a kabuki powder brush when its opened all the way).

Last of the makeup is this gorgeous lipstick I bought. It's the perfect rosey red colour that is quite pigmented. I was looking for a true red lipstick but this was the reddest colour they had at the show. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say much about moisture.

Picked up 2 of these 1" curling irons from Hot tools. They were only $40 each.

I picked up 3 of these babies (only $80 each!) One as a backup to the one I have currently, one for my godmom, and one for my aunt. I've been using this hairdryer for 10years and it has NEVER failed me. My aunt uses these at her salon too. These are a much better investment than those cheap Conair & Babyliss dryers that most people use. Uckk Gross. I don't even want to talk about Conair.

This is my BABY!!!! I was SO HAPPY that FHI had a booth at the hair show. I have their Special Edition Runway 1" straightening iron that I received as a gift years ago and I love love LOVE it!
The hairdryer retails for $145 USD + taxes by itself but they were selling it for $115 CAD (no tax). I picked up this beautiful package that came with both the dryer AND 1" straightening iron for only $140 CAD (no tax!) And my lovely mom was able to get them to throw in this full sized bottle of FHI Hot Sauce (heat protectant for hair) for free. Yay for bargaining asian moms! LOL!!

The cheapest deals I found there has got to be the $0.75 combs, $2.50 false lashes, Moroccanoil (HG!!!) and the Sebastian Reshaper Hairspray.







There's just too many more items to list here. Let's just say that this trip was a good one haha! Next stop: IMATS Toronto 2011!!! Must start saving up ASAP! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment