Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blogging Fail... Sort Of

   So here's a tip from blogging 101: if you're going to blog, REMEMBER TO ACTUALLY DO IT! I told myself I'd get around to posting stuff up but I always found myself to be "too tired" or "too busy" when in fact... I'm just plain lazy LOL! I think this is going to take some getting used to. But to my own defense, I was out for almost a week due to the stomach flu & then coming down with a fever :( Being sick sucks... Thanks oh great Canadian weather!

Between my last post and now, I had a lovely dinner that filled me up for a good 2-3 days! I'm not going to lie, this definitely didn't help my dietary plans whatsoever haha! But it was well worth it.
Red & Green Dragon rolls! Watching Nicky make these was amazing... Her hands are so fast!

Spicy Crab Roll. Wasn't that spicy though IMO but still good :)

Some shrimp tempura used for the sushi. I much prefer this type of tempura batter rather than that overly crispy sh*t they usually use at most sushi places. Honestly, I don't know why they want to get all cheap on the food when it comes to tempura. The typical batter is just too much at times and over powers the shrimp/sweet potato/calamari or whatever tempura you usually get. I know, crispy roll lovers are going to argue but whatever. I'm not that big of a fan on crispy rolls anyways :D

Oyster tempura hand-rolls smothered with some home-made spicy mayo = Delish!

This was my epic fail at cutting the Unagi sushi roll >"<}}! I wanted to cut it perfectly since Nicky was totally upstaging all the rest of us ladies in the kitchen (green with envy!!) so I cut it nice and sloooooooooooooooowww..... Big mistake. You need a sharp knife and quick hand for this or the pieces will crumble like mine's did :(

Surf clam and salmon sashimi. I don't know why a lot of people are too scared to try surf clam. It is so good! Especially in hotpot. Although if you leave it in too long it will get unbelievably chewy!

OYSTER SHOOTERS!! Calling all oyster lovers: this is seriously BOOM! Those who are weak in the stomach should stay far far faaaaaaaaaaaar away from this though (raw oysters).

Moules au fromage!! I love mussels :)

Homemade wasabi. This was waaaaay better than the store bought sh*t for sure.
Fried fried... as if we needed any more rice dishes lol
And some good ol' store bought seaweed salad. Any recipes for making your own seaweed salad???

OMG these are to die for! I've never tried this before until Nicky made them. Why is it not on the menu at the sushi restaurants around here, I'll never know. I don't remember what the name of the sauce we used to drizzle on there was called unfortunately... But it was very light so you can definitely skim out on the soy-sauce if anyone's trying to cut down on sodium. Now this is a real cucumber roll haha literally... If anyone is on a low-carb diet, then these are perfect. The cucumber provides the perfect cool and refreshing combination in conjunction with all the other deep-fried tempura dishes we had that night. YUMM!

Side note: If anyone has problems going #2..... And hates prune juice... yuck! Sesame seeds will help you go ;)
Dessert: Doraemon Cake! (Happy Birthday Justin!!!)

And that was the most filling meal ever LOL! I didn't get any food comas from this but I swear I still felt full for a good 2 days or so. Definitely could taste the oyster shooter when I burped the next day HAHAHAHAHA... Gross :S

No comments:

Post a Comment